This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This coconut flour flatbread is another great use of psyllium husk poweder in a grain free bread recipe and is very easy to make too. Since psyllium and coconut flour are high in fibre this bread is very filling. Make sure you drink a lot of water! You can use this for dipping with sauces, spread with pate or load it up like a open sandwich. Use it like a sandwich wrap, make a mini pizza…just have fun and enjoy it! You could play around with the spices too, perhaps add chillis?
I used a griddle pan to cook them as I liked the markings it gave on the bread too. However, I am currently without a griddle pan so cook it in my frying pan which still gives a great results, just without the pretty lines.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO
Flatbread (Coconut Flour and Psyllium)
60g / (2oz) / 1/2 Cup – coconut flour
2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder (must be the powder form).
40g (1.48 fl oz) coconut oil (or melted butter)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
250g / (8.4oz) / 1 Cup boiling water (boil it just as you need it)
herbs/garlic powder (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients with a hand whisk.
- Add the oil and blend well. It will look like a nut butter.
- Add the boiling water, half at a time and blend until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls.
- Roll the balls between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten out.
- Either use them flattened or cut them into a circle with a saucepan lid.
- Dry fry in a pan for 2– 3 minutes each side, until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Makes 4-6
Nutrition – Each (Based on 6):: 119 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb
Never miss a recipe again! Sign up to my newsletter and also get a free eBook of low carb & gluten free recipes.
[amazon_link asins=’B008RJMXPQ,B011QGTRG4,B00DS842HS,B000YF99GM,B01JENICDA,B002RWUNYM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’divaliciou04c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6cfc582a-683d-11e7-9eee-01bf05e90b32′]