Avocado on chaffle is the new avocado on toast! It makes a delicious low carb start to the day and is quick and easy too.
If you are a lover of avocado toast, chaffles or avocado, then this recipe is sure to hit the spot. Avocado toast can be made low carb by using a slice of low carb bread but here a chaffle is used in place of bread.
WHAT IS A CHAFFLE?
The low carb love affair with chaffle continues. They are an easy and quick alternative to bread. The basic ingredients for a chaffle are shredded mozzarella and egg. Add a couple of tablespoons of low carb flour such as almond or coconut flour and cook the mixture in a waffle maker. It really is just that simple.
WHAT WAFFLE MAKER TO USE?
A popular waffle maker for chaffles is the Dash waffle maker which makes a small circular chaffle but I use a basic Belgian Waffle maker which makes a rectangle shape. If you are not hung up on what shape your chaffle is, it doesn’t matter what waffle maker you use.
MAKE THE AVOCADO CHAFFLE THE WAY YOU LIKE IT
This basic avocado on chaffle recipe which you can adapt to make your own. Below are a few ideas you may want to try. Either way it’s a great low carb breakfast or light meal.
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- Chopped olives
- A fried or poached egg
- Slices of cucumber with a sprinkling of sumac or paprika
- Marinated mushrooms
- Baby spinach and goat's cheese
OTHER CHAFFLE RECIPES TO TRY
Avocado on Chaffle
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 avocado ripe
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Lightly grease the waffle maker (I give it a light spray with olive oil) and turn it on to heat up.
- In a bowl add the mozzarella, egg and almond flour. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into your waffle maker. If you are using a small waffle maker spoon half the mixture in at a time. Gently spread it out towards the edges.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the chaffle is cooking make the avocado topping. You can serve the avocado either sliced or mashed.
- If you are serving mashed: Remove the pit from the avocado, scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork and mix it the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- If you are serving sliced: Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit from the avocado. Carefully scoop out the avocado halves with a large spoon and place on a cutting board. Slice the avocado and sprinkle with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked chaffle and place on serving plate.
- Spread the avocado mash on top of the chaffle or place the avocado slices in a fan shape and eat immediately.
YOUR OWN NOTES