Baked whole cauliflower with mayonnaise and cheese is one of the easiest and tasty cheesy cauliflower recipes you will make. If you are looking for the best low carb cauliflower recipe, here is it!
This cauliflower dish is one of the best ways to get kids to eat vegetables. The whole head of cauliflower is covered with a mayonnaise and cheese mixture and roasted in the oven. The cauliflower tastes similar to the creamy flavor of a baked potato with cheese.
We have a spicy roasted whole roasted cauliflower recipe but this baked whole cauliflower mayonnaise cheese is just as tasty!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Carbs in Cauliflower
Few vegetables have leaped to the from of the low carb list than the cauliflower. One 100 gram serving of cauliflower has just 3g net carbohydrates. It is also high in fiber and vitamin K.
Cheese, cauliflower and a few seasonings make this easy dish. And of course mayonnaise.
- Mayonnaise - Homemade mayonnaise is the best option as store bought can have sugar and questionable oils.
- Cauliflower - The size of the cauliflower we used was 1lb. If you use a larger one, increase the cheese and mayonnaise.
- Hot sauce - we used Franks hot sauce for this recipe but your favourite low carb hot sauce can be used.
How to Make Baked Whole Cauliflower Mayonnaise Cheese
This is an easy recipe and a great one for any beginner cooks!
Boil the cauliflower head for 5 minutes to soften it.
Mix the cheese and mayonnaise mixture.
Slather the cauliflower with the cheese mixture and roast
Serve with chopped chives and enjoy.
This is a great recipe to give your own flourish to.
- Omit the hot sauce and replace it with smoked paprika.
- Add curry powder to the cheese mixture.
- Try other hard cheeses.
- The mayonnaise can be swapped with sour cream.
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator in either an airtight container or cover tightly with foil. It should last up to 3 days. Reheat it in the oven or try it cold, it's just as tasty.
More Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes
Cauliflower is a versatile keto vegetable that makes a great vegetarian dish. Try these recipes:
Baked Whole Cauliflower with Mayonnaise & Cheese
- 1 lb cauliflower
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, vegetarian grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Franks hot sauce or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and trim the stalk so that it can sit flat.
- Place the cauliflower in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes to soften the cauliflower.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, add the coating ingredients and mix well.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish and cover with the cheesy coating.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Serve and slice!
YOUR OWN NOTES