A keto broccoli & cauliflower breakfast casserole is a hearty and delicious way to start the day but perfect for a weekend brunch.
Breakfast casseroles are an easy recipe to make and can be made ahead. Cook the filling then throw it all together and bake.
Broccoli and cauliflower rice was used for this breakfast casserole recipe because I have been playing around with the combination of these vegetable rice. They go delicious together in my cauliflower broccoli risotto so I thought I would add them both to a breakfast casserole dish. Cheese was thrown in and voila! A hearty dish was baked.
I found this breakfast casserole very filling and easy to make. It’s simply another form of frittata which is one of my loves. If in doubt, throw leftovers with some vegetables in a baking dish, add cheese, eggs and voila! A tasty and healthy dish!
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Breakfast Casserole
- 1 medium Head of Broccoli
- ½ Head of Cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ cup 57g Butter unsalted
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup 125 ml Milk
- 1 ½ cup 170g Cheddar Cheese grated
- ½ cup 50g Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Cut the broccoli into florets and place in a food processor. Blitz until it looks like crumbs then place in a bowl.
- Repeat this process for the cauliflower.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Gently saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, broccoli and cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season with the onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the Cheddar and Parmesan cheese to the egg mixture and stir.
- Lightly butter a baking dish and place the broccoli and cauliflower rice in the dish.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the broccoli cauliflower rice and mix gently and evenly.
- Top with grated cheese is optional.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden and firm.