This quick and easy cucumber dill dip is great for gatherings or any night in with low carb crackers, crudites or tortillas. Once you start dipping, it may be hard to stop.
If you enjoy tzatziki then you will love this dip too. It's creamier and the star is dill, not mint. The flavour combination of cucumber and dill are boosted by the lemon juice.
How to make cucumber dill dip
The trick to this dip is to remove the excess water from the cucumber. If you don't your dip will start to become watery, especially the next day.
What you need to make this low carb dip
A few simple ingredients you may already have in the fridge:
- Cucumbers - I prefer English cucumbers but smaller ones will be fine.
- Cream cheese - This could be replaced with Greek yogurt.
- Sour cream
- Green onions - these could be replaced with finely chopped red onion
- Lemon juice
- Dill - Fresh is best here but dried could be used for a dip emergency.
- Salt & Pepper
What to serve with cucumber dip
As well as being creamy enough to eat with a spoon (no judging!), serve this dip with a crudites or a low carb crackers. A few ideas are:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cucumber Dill Dip
- 1 cucumber english is preferable
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill finely chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds.
- Grate the cucumber and place in a nut bag or cheese cloth. Squeeze the excess water from the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Stir in the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, chopped onions, salt and pepper.
- Add the grated cucumber and combine.
- Best served chilled but you can enjoy it immediately too!
YOUR OWN NOTES