This quick, easy and delicious keto salsa recipe is great with low carb tortillas or cheese crackers. Fresh, healthy and packed full of flavour, it is sugar free, gluten free, vegan and Paleo too.
Can you eat salsa on keto
A freshly made salsa makes a great low carb vegetarian recipe as there are no hidden sugars. Just tomatoes, spices, onions and jalapeno. A refreshing dip for the palate!
How to make keto salsa
All you need to make this homemade salsa is a few ingredients:
- Tomatoes - fresh and plump are best.
- Shallot - any onion can be used, I just have a personal preference to the slight sweetness of a shallot.
- Garlic - add more cloves if you like your garlic
- Jalapenos - increase the amount of jalapenos for more heat.
- Coriander - fresh and fragrant
Other uses for salsa
Salsa is not just a dip and condiment. Use it as:
- Add a couple of tablespoons in your scrambled eggs.
- Stir into zucchini or low carb noodles.
- Stir into my Tofu Mac & Cheese recipe.
- Use in shakshuka
Add a dash of lime for an zesty flavour
Tinned tomatoes can be used in place of fresh. Just check the ingredients for sugar.
Store the salsa in a sealed container or glass jar. It should keep in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
More keto dips to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapenos
- ¼ cup coriander fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno on a medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Chop the onion and coriander and stir into the tomato mix.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with low carb tortilla chips.
YOUR OWN NOTES