These low carb jalapeno Cheddar cheese biscuits melt in your mouth with a slight kick. Baked with coconut they are only 1g net carb each biscuit! Enjoy a savoury treat
I have a couple of cheese biscuit recipes that we both love which have a touch of cayenne pepper for a slight hint of heat. As I adore jalapeno and cheese together I decided to up the heat of my cheese biscuits. This jalapeno cheddar biscuit recipe is just as simple as throwing all the ingredients into a blender to blitz.
The colour of the dough goes a slight green and I only used two jalapeno peppers of medium size. When the biscuits are baked the green colour disappears and it replaced with a golden shade. Otherwise they would be perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day! You could add another jalapeno if you like a hotter heat.
I used as strong a Cheddar cheese as I possibly could find. A strong Cheddar bakes well with the coconut flour and gives these jalapeno cheddar biscuits a great melt in your mouth texture.
As with my cream cheese cookies, the dough for these jalapeno cheddar biscuits needs to be rolled out in parchment paper then firmed up in the fridge or the freezer before baking. The mixture is too sticky to handle otherwise. You could make the dough beforehand and store in the fridge, ready to whip up a batch of these delicious melt in your mouth, go well with a glass of wine delights!
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
- 1/2 cup 56g Coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons 84g Butter, unsalted softened
- 2-3 Jalapeno peppers deseeded & chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups 170g Cheddar Cheese grated
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Scoop out the mixture and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Mould into a log shape with your hands, then roll up with the parchment paper like a Christmas cracker.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up (you could use the freezer for a faster time)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Unroll the parchment paper and cut the log into slices. Place the slices onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!