Celeriac noodles are a great low carb and gluten free alternative to pasta. Also known as celery root, these vegetable noodles can be used in your favourite pasta noodle dish as a keto option.
These vegetable noodles can be eaten raw or cooked. Use them raw in a salad or cook them lightly in oil and season for a side dish. The neutral flavour of the celeriac make them a great pasta replacement.
Where can I find celeriac?
Celeriac is normally a winter vegetable and should be available from Fall to Spring in your grocery stores. It may also be labelled as celery root.
How to make celeriac noodles
The celeriac noodles are made using a spiralizer, but if you don't have one, cut the vegetable into ribbons with a sharp vegetable peeler. Once you have your celery root noodles you can use them in stir fries, pasta dishes or simply fry and use as a side dish.
What to serve with celeriac noodles?
Add cooked celeriac noodles to the Baked Feta Pasta dish in place of zucchini noodles. Serve them cooked with a serving of the creamy mushroom sauce or make them into a hearty dish with my tofu walnut meatballs.
Save the celeriac peelings to use as vegetable chips. Fry them in oil or in the air fryer and season them. Just ensure the peelings are clean before use.
If your celeriac is too heavy for the spiralizer, carve a smoother shape with a vegetable peeler.
Low Carb Celeriac Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make Celeriac Noodles
- 1 head celeriac medium to small size
- Trim the top and base of the celeriac.
- Peel the celeriac and cut into long pieces with flat ends (it’s easier to spiralizer).
- Place your spiralizer on the kitchen countertop and engage the suction cups to secure it.
- Select the blade for noodles (thin or thick, it’s a personal preference).
- Place a piece of celeriac against the blade of the spiralizer and secure it with the handle on the other side.
- Turn the hand and spiralize away! Press it firmly when spiralizing to get long, even noodles.