Either with a sweet or savoury filling, these low carb coconut flour crepes make a great quick supper or dessert dish. They can be filled or eaten simply with a dash of lemon over them.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is so easy and quick to make. It is very versatile and can be filled with either a sweet or savoury filling. I found that if you fill the crepe with a sweet filling that there is no need to add any additional sweetener to the crepe. That may be my taste buds though so add as you feel necessary. Perhaps a touch of cinnamon.
Coconut Flour Crepes
My favourite filling for a crepe is spinach, garlic and cheese. I switch between a strong Cheddar cheese or blue cheese.
Despite being light to the touch and these coconut flour crepes may seem small these but are very filling. The husband over indulged himslef as he looked at the size of them and declared that he would have four. “You’ll see”, I thought to myself as I plated them up. 30 minutes later he was laying on the sofa, groaning about how full he was. I have been baking with coconut flour for a few years now and he still has not quite grasped how filling it is. When will he learn! A classic case of eyes before stomach.
Whether you enjoy a savoury or sweet crepe, these low carb and gluten free coconut flour crepes are a great quick and easy option. Once you start making them, you will wonder why you have not served these before!
Coconut Flour Crepes
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the butter together. Either whisk or use a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the butter in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat.
- Gently pour a small amount of the batter into the pan until you have a circle. You can rotate the pan whilst you pour to get a larger crepe. I just pour about one sixth into the pan and just watch it form into a circle naturally.
- Cook on one side for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear in the crepe, then flip over to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fill, smother or slather with cream. Eat and enjoy!