Have fun decorating these keto halloween cookies. Baked with almond flour and warm pumpkin spices, they are also gluten free.
A low carb cream cheese icing is used to make the spooky designs. You can be as creative as you like and use ours as a guideline.
How to make keto Halloween cookies
These are easy cookies to make and the fun is the decorating. We made Jack o Lantern faces and spider webs but you could use any other Halloween theme.
- Almond flour - use finely ground almond flour, not almond meal.
- Coconut flour
- Butter - room temperature
- Brown monkfruit - we prefer the brown low carb sweetener to compliment the pumpkin spice but regular white low carb monkfruit works well too. Or you can use the low carb sweetener of your choice.
- Egg - room temperature
- Pumpkin spice - if you don't have a jar of these, you can make your own by mixing ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
- Baking powder & salt
- Cream cheese and cream - for the frosting
More keto Halloween recipes
Be careful not to burn the bottoms of these cookies. Keep an eye on the cooking time as ovens can vary. We would recommend that the cookies are baked in the middle oven shelf too.
Black food colouring was used for the icing. This is entirely optional.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Halloween Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown monkfruit
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 6 tablespoons monkfruit powdered
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream
Make the Cookies
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the sweetener.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin spice and mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a cookie cutter (we used a circular cutter), cut out the cookie shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at180C/350F degrees until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.
Make the Icing
- In a medium bowl, add the icing ingredients and mix into a smooth paste.
- Spoon into an icing bag and pipe your mummy or skeleton design.
- If you have any black icing colour, add that to a small amount of the icing and pipe your patterns.
- Trick or treat!
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply