A refreshing keto tabbouleh salad using hemp hearts for a simple and colourful salad that bursts with flavour.
Using hemp seeds on a keto vegetarian diet is usually sprinkling them over a standard salad. This hemp seed salad uses them in place of bulgar wheat for the classic Lebanese salad dish.
How to make keto tabbouleh
The key to any salad is the freshest ingredients you can purchase. This salad is full of fresh herbs that are enhanced by the lemon and cucumber. It's so refreshing.
The ingredients used in this recipe are:
- Hemp Seed Hearts - A great low carb replacement for bulgar wheat
- Cucumber - Ensure they are ripe and fresh.
- Cherry Tomatoes - Bite sized tomatoes for colour.
- Fresh Mint - an essential herb for the flavour and also aids digestion
- Fresh Parsley - use flat leaf parsley for a milder flavour
- Red Onion - Finely chop this for a small bite in every forkful
- Garlic - I only used one clove but if you are a garlic lover, increase the quantity.
What to serve with this keto salad?
Other keto vegetarian salads
Watch how it is made
If you don't have hemp seed hearts, cauliflower rice makes an excellent replacement.
Although I prefer to serve this immediately, if you store it in the fridge for a couple of hours the flavours will develop.
Keto Hemp Hearts Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic peeled & chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 lemons juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Deseed the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Finely chop the parsley and fresh mint. A sharp knife will give you better results.
- In a medium bowl, place the chopped mint, parsley, cucumber, garlic, onion and tomatoes. Mix.
- Stir in the hemp seeds and then drizzle the lemon juice. Season with the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.