Keto jalapeno popper cups that are encased in a coconut flour pastry. These little bites of spicy cream cheese make a delicious snack.
I used my mini muffin tray for these yummy jalapeno popper cups but you could bake them in a large muffin tray. If you do, bake them for about 5 minutes longer to ensure that the coconut flour pastry is cooked thoroughly.
As the jalapeno popper cups were baking they rose like little cakes. However, once they cooled down to a normal height. I was rather hoping they would stay tall like mini towers. I’ve found that when you bake with cream cheese, it does rise and fall.
Jalapeno Popper Cups
- 1/2 cup 56g Coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Pysllium husk powder
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 5 oz 140g Cream cheese softened
- 2 Jalapeno peppers deseeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup 25g Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup 28g Mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
Make the Dough
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the oil and egg and stir until combined.
- Add the boiling water, gradually until you have a dough. Firm up with your hands.
- Roll out the dough by placing it on a piece of parchment paper, place another piece of parchment paper on top, then roll out.
- Cut out circles to cover the muffin tin spaces (I used a wine glass, but a large cookie cutter would do too).
- Place the circles in a greased mini muffin tin and ensure that all the sides are covered with the dough.
Make the Filling
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, jalapenos, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese together.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the dough cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is firm and golden.