A keto sandwich bread made from coconut flour and baked flat in a tin. Easy to make a sandwich or cheese on toast with
I used a long baking tin, the same size as I would use for a swiss roll cake but I’ve also used a brownie baking tin too. If you think that the bread is too thick for your sandwich, you can simply slice it horizontally. Or have it as an open sandwich too.
Coconut flour sandwich bread
I've also used this bread as a pizza base too. Rather than fashion a dough into a circle shape, I pour this mixture into a tin, bake it and then slather it with delicious pizza toppings and cheese. Who cares if the pizza slices are squares? We have also enjoyed this as a base for cheese on toast too.
Keto Sandwich Bread
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180/350F degrees and line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the coconut, baking powder, psyllium powder and spices in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the boiling water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the parchment lined baking tin and bake for 30 minutes until firm.
- Cut into quarters to make a sandwich.
- Add a filling or use it for a grilled cheese sandwich!