This keto tofu stir fry combines the super crisp texture of tofu with broccoli in a spicy almond butter sauce. It’s an easy and delicious meal that you can throw together in a few minutes.
Packed with flavour and protein, this easy keto dish is also vegan and gluten-free.
Tofu, broccoli and a few ingredients for the sauce is all you need to make this easy low carb recipe:
- Tofu - We use a firm tofu for this recipe as it's preferable for stir fries.
- Broccoli - Ensure the broccoli is bright green and firm.
- Almond butter - You could use peanut butter instead.
- Garlic cloves
- Ginger - fresh ginger is grated. It adds heat and flavour to the dish.
- Lime Juice
- Tamari sauce - a gluten free alternative to soy sauce
- Red chili flakes - adds a touch of extra heat.
- Coconut oil - Sesame oil could be substituted.
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI TOFU STIR FRY
The key to a crispy tofu stir fry it to ensure that the tofu is pat the press the block and ensure that it is dry before cutting.
We place the tofu block in between two plates and kitchen towel with a heavy weight on top to remove excess water.
Once the tofu is dry, cut it into squares and chop the broccoli. Make the stir fry sauce ahead of cooking the tofu and broccoli so you just need to add it to the cooked items.
This is a great dish that you could add other ingredients to. A few ideas are:
- Chopped almonds or walnuts
- Kale in place of broccoli
Although this is a great dish by itself, turn it into a hearty meal by serving it with cauliflower rice or low carb noodles.
Use the almond butter at room temperature so that is melts in the sauce quicker.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed container and only keep for 2 days. Reheat the leftovers in the skillet.
A firm tofu or extra firm tofu is the best option for a crispy stir fry.
More keto tofu recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Tofu Stir Fry with Broccoli
- 10 oz firm tofu
- 1 medium broccoli head cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
Prepare the Tofu
- Drain the tofu from the packet and blot with kitchen towel.
- Use a tofu press to remove excess moisture or place the block of tofu between two paper towel lined heavy plates or blocks for 10 minutes.
- Chop the tofu into small cubes.
Make the Sauce
- In a small saucepan, add one of the tablespoons of the coconut oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the almond butter, ginger, lime juice, tamari and red chili to the pan. Stir until the mixture is smooth and combined.
Make the stir fry
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the remaining coconut oil on a medium heat.
- Add the tofu and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning the tofu cubes over to ensure an even golden colour.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for 2 minutes, ensuring that tofu and broccoli pieces are coating in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds sprinkled on top with a side of cauliflower rice or low carb noodles.
YOUR OWN NOTES