Warm or cold, these zucchini pizza muffins made a great breakfast, snack or lunch. Perhaps a couple with a bowl of soup too. There’s something satisfying about munching into a pizza muffin
These keto zucchini pizza muffins are baked with coconut flour and have a taste of pizza in a savoury muffin form. These are a filling low carb muffin that make a great breakfast.
Enjoy a zucchini pizza muffins for a delicious savoury treat that taste like a fluffy pizza in your mouth. You could add other ingredients to this just as you would add different pizza toppings. Chopped up some jalapenos or sweet peppers perhaps?
Zucchini Pizza Muffins
Whilst these zucchini pizza muffins are delicious warm from the oven, they are just as tasty cold. I had a couple for breakfast the next day, split and covered with my scrambled eggs. A breakfast of champions! The muffins are only 2g net carbs too! Muffins for everyone!
Although the recipe says that they make 10, I made 11 with my batch but it could have been me being a bit cautious with the mixture distribution. I didn’t want to pile the batter up and end up with a muffin explosion. Looking at the photos I think I could have spread the batter of the 11th muffin between the others happily.
Zucchini Pizza Muffins
- 1 zucchini grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 57g butter unsalted melted
- 1/3 cup 38g coconut flour
- 1/2 cup 57g Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup 57g Cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Spring onions chopped
- 8 Sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cases (or grease it for baking without cases)
- In a bowl add the zucchini, eggs and butter and mix well.
- Add the chopped green onions, sundried tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder. Stir and add the water.
- Add the grated mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly. If the mixture looks a bit dry and too sticky add a little bit more water.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and top with grated Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.