This low carb broccoli quiche is made with a lupin flour crust for a tasty low carb vegetarian quiche. Broccoli and stilton pair great for the filling. Enjoy this warm or cold.
The great thing about a lupin flour crust is that it increases the protein count of this dish, with one slice being 15g protein and just 3g net carbohydrates per slice. It's a great low carb vegetarian quiche.
Many low carb broccoli quiches are crust-less, but this has a firm and delicious keto nut free pie crust you will enjoy for a full quiche experience.
Is Stilton cheese vegetarian?
Some blue cheese is not vegetarian as they are made with animal rennet. Stilton is happily vegetarian and also very low in carbs making it a great choice for a low carb vegetarian.
Lupin Flour Quiche Crust
For this low carb quiche crust we used lupin flour. It's a great low carb flour that is also high in protein, making it a great choice for a keto vegetarian.
How to make low carb broccoli quiche with Stilton
Once you have made the crust, and have blind baked it, the filling is added and then baked until firm.
- Make the lupin flour and form into a dough.
- Roll out into a baking dish and blind bake.
- Set aside when baked whilst the filling is prepared.
- Fill the quiche crust with blanched broccoli florets and Stilton cheese.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake until firm.
Replace the Stilton cheese with Cheddar cheese for a milder cheese.
The lupin flour quiche crust could be replaced with another low carb crust such as an almond flour crust or Fathead dough crust.
More low carb vegetarian quiche recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Low Carb Broccoli Stilton Quiche
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups lupin flour
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup cream heavy
- 4 oz Stilton cheese crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Make the quiche crust
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until you have a solid dough. It may be a bit sticky.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and wrap in parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to firm up before rolling.
- Place the pastry dough in between two layers of parchment paper and roll out to an 8 inch buttered pie dish.
- To place the pie crust in the baking dish, place the baking dish upside down over rolled pie crust. Hold one hand on the dish and slide your hand under the bottom parchment paper. Flip so the pie pan is on the bottom and crust is on top. Remove the parchment paper and press down the edges.
- Prick the base with a fork to stop the pastry rising when cooking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 180C/350F degrees until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for the filling.
Prepare the Filling
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli florets in the quiche crust. Scatter the stilton around the broccoli.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and stilton filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the filling is firm.
- Remove from the oven, slice, eat and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES