Keto pizza bombs are easy, bite sized servings of pizza in a mini encased snack. A coconut flour dough encased Marinara sauce with Mozzarella cheese and each bite truly is a little pizza bomb.
I was using my new silicon mini muffin tin but a regular mini muffin tin would work. It just meant that I didn’t have to grease it up and the pizza bombs just popped out in their teeny tiny balls of perfection.
You could fill the pizza bombs with the filling of your choice. I would normally have jalapenos or olives on my pizza so will try this next time.
Pizza Bomb Bites
When making these pizza bomb bites I would recommend that you push the cheese in and try to pack it in the tiny space that you have. Don’t leave any space for air and pack it with cheese and fillings.
Since these pizza bomb bites are made from coconut flour and psyllium husk powder they are very filling due to the fibre content. We happily munched a tray of these between us on that happy Sunday afternoon. Along with another plate of low carb snacks and that was us set for the day. We were too full to eat anything else and I got the evening off from the kitchen. A great day of deliciousness thanks to these delicious pizza bomb bites.
Low Carb Pizza Bites
- 1/2 cup 56g coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 6 teaspoons Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for topping grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Make the dough, place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the oil and egg and stir until combined.
- Add the boiling water, gradually until you have a dough. Firm up with your hands.
- Roll out the dough by placing it on a piece of parchment paper, place another piece of parchment paper on top, then roll out. Cut out circles to cover the muffin tin spaces (I used a wine glass, but a large cookie cutter would do too).
- Place the circles in a greased mini muffin tin and ensure that all the sides are covered with the dough.
- Place about ¼ teaspoon of the Marinara sauce into each bomb.
- Add Mozzarella cheese, pushing down until the bomb is full.
- Gently squeeze the top edges of the dough together so that the dough forms little balls.
- Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is firm and golden.