Coconut and lemon combine to produce a moist and tasty mini muffin. Lemon coconut muffins baked with coconut flour in a mini muffin form make for a delicious mini muffin recipe
There is something about a mini muffin that appeals to the inner child in me, as well as controlling anything sweet in the house, despite it being low carb. When you are having an urge for a sweet treat, a mini muffin can hit that spot without you ending up face down in an empty plate where a whole cheesecake once was. Or what I call Sunday evening!
We were in the mood for lemon coconut muffins but as I had recently purchased a mini muffin silicone tray I wanted to try baking with it. So, we had mini muffins instead of large ones. A few years ago, I purchased a large silicone cake tin and was not too happy with its results. The cake did not exactly slide of the silicone so I went back to my trusty regular tins. One of the local stores had a display of silicon moulds so I thought that I would try a smaller mould this time. I was delighted on how smoothly the mini muffins popped out of their moulds and will be using this tin again. Expect a few more mini muffin recipes!
Lemon Coconut Muffins
The lemon coconut muffins are light and moist. The flavour combination is perfect for a summers day or a mid-afternoon pick me up. The beauty of this recipe, as well as the taste, is how easy it is to make. You could whip up a batch of these lemon coconut muffins in no time at all. If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, then use a regular tin but you will probably need to bake the muffins for an extra 5 minutes.
Keto Mini Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and erythritol together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, mixing into the batter, one a time.
- Then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and coconut milk and beat until smooth.
- Next, add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt. Stir until smooth.
- If the mixture is a bit too thick, add more coconut milk (coconut flour can vary between brands).
- Spoon into the baking tin, sprinkle with a dash of desiccated coconut and bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.