Try this radish potato salad for a low carb mock potato salad. The red radishes are served in a creamy dressing with onions, hard boiled eggs and celery.
Just as cauliflower is used to make a faux potato salad, red radishes are used for a potato substitute. Lightly boiled, they look a bit like red potatoes but have a crisp flavour.
Carbs in Radishes
Radishes are a great low carb vegetable and only have 1.8g net carbs per 100g serving. As well as enjoying them raw in salads, they make a great substitute for potatoes. Try our loaded radish recipe for a great side dish.
How to make a radish potato salad vegan
To make this vegan the dressing needs the mayonnaise to be substituted with a vegan one. Or for a less creamy dressing use avocado oil instead.
Roast or air fry the radishes instead of boiling them for a crispier dish. Boiled radishes can be a touch watery for some people.
Store the salad in the fridge in a sealed container. I would not keep it longer than 3 days.
Swap the red onion for chopped spring onions.
More low carb salad recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Radish Potato Salad
- 4 cups radishes
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 3 medium hardboiled eggs peeled and cut
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the radishes, and cut them in half.
- Place them in a medium saucepan with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the radishes, onions, celery and chopped onion. Spoon the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Serve chilled