Try this radish potato salad for a low carb mock potato salad. The red radishes are served in a creamy dressing with onions, hard boiled eggs and celery.
Just as cauliflower is used to make a faux potato salad, red radishes are used for a potato substitute. Lightly boiled, they look a bit like red potatoes but have a crisp flavour.
Carbs in Radishes
Radishes are a great low carb vegetable and only have 1.8g net carbs per 100g serving. As well as enjoying them raw in salads, they make a great substitute for potatoes. Try our loaded radish recipe for a great side dish.
How to make a radish potato salad vegan
To make this vegan the dressing needs the mayonnaise to be substituted with a vegan one. Or for a less creamy dressing use avocado oil instead.
Roast or air fry the radishes instead of boiling them for a crispier dish. Boiled radishes can be a touch watery for some people.
Store the salad in the fridge in a sealed container. I would not keep it longer than 3 days.
Swap the red onion for chopped spring onions.
More low carb salad recipes
Mediterranean Tomato Cucumber Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Radish Potato Salad
- 4 cups radishes
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 3 medium hardboiled eggs peeled and cut
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the radishes, and cut them in half.
- Place them in a medium saucepan with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the radishes, onions, celery and chopped onion. Spoon the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Serve chilled
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply