This air fried pumpkin spinach salad is a simple and delicious salad for Fall. It's a colourful and satisfying low carb salad.
Air fried pumpkin chunks are mixed with a salad of baby spinach leaves, avocado, feta and walnuts in a simple salad dressing. This low carb and gluten-free salad is a great combination of flavors and textures.
This is a hearty pumpkin spinach salad that makes a great lunch or even can be served as a side dish. As I was munching this under the guise of "taste testing" it made me wonder why I don't eat salad every day as it was delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
AIR FRIED PUMPKIN
This is a salad with the only cooked vegetable being the pumpkin. It can be roasted but we air fried the pumpkin chunks. They are less oil than roasted pumpkin and because we were using small chunks they kept their shape better.
PUMPKIN SPINACH SALAD INGREDIENTS
Creamy avocado and salty feta cheese go well with the fall flavours of spinach and pumpkin.
For the dressing we have kept it simple so not to overpower the ingredients.
Pumpkin seeds make a great addition to the salad too.
HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN SPINACH SALAD
The beauty of a salad is that it's just as easy as mixing fresh ingredients together. All you need to do is cook the pumpkin, then add the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle a dressing over it and you are ready to eat!
If you have any leftover roasted pumpkin, this is a great salad to quickly make when you are hungry.
- Spinach can be swapped with arugula, rocket or kale.
- The Feta cheese can be omitted to make this vegan or substituted with another cheese such as goat's cheese.
- Try other low carb nuts such as almonds or toasted pecans.
- Olive oil or walnut oil can be used for the salad dressing.
- Cook the pumpkin in slices or wedges rather than cubes.
- Cranberries are a colourful addition for a holiday salad.
Ideally, salad should be served fresh but if you have any leftovers, this will keep in the fridge for another day, in an air tight container. The spinach salad leaves hold the dressing well without becoming a soggy mess overnight
MORE KETO VEGETARIAN SALAD RECIPES
Enjoy a salad as a lunch or side dish with these low carb vegetarian salad recipes.
Spinach Avocado Cranberry Salad
Pumpkin Feta Salad with Pecans
Pumpkin Spinach Salad
- 10 oz pumpkin cut into chunks
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- ½ large avocado peeled, stone removed and cut into chunks
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 oz walnuts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Air Fry the Pumpkin
- Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Lightly spray the pumpkin with cooking oil and place the chunks into the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 180C/350F degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden and softened.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool before adding to the salad.
Mix the Dressing
- In a small mixing bowl, add the salad dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
Make the Salad
- On a large plate, layer the spinach leaves. Scatter the pumpkin pieces over the leaves. Add the avocado, feta cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply