Cabbage are used like noodles in this healthy dish with a creamy sauce and mushrooms. It’s a delicious healthy comfort food dish that is still low in carbs and gluten free.
I used a mix of mushrooms with this dish, purely as the supermarket had a few packets on offer but feel free to use your own favourite mix. I had a mix of button and oyster mushrooms as they are my favourite.
This cabbage dish is a creamy dish that makes a great pasta replacement. It may seem strange with replacing cabbage with pasta, but sliced and cooked it does make a delicious substitute. Add a creamy mushroom sauce and voila! Dinner is done!
- 450 g Cabbage sliced
- 125 g Mushrooms chopped
- 75 g Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips
- Place in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft yet firm.
- In a frying pan on a medium heat, add the oil and the mushrooms. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the cooked cabbage and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in the cream cheese, seasonings and parsley. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!