A keto chocolate bar that you can quickly make when you are in need of a chocolate fix.
These are a great version of chocolate bars and a healthier option too. You can play around with the basic recipe and add nuts, coconut and different flavourings
Ensure that you store these keto chocolate bars in the fridge since the coconut oil is a liquid at room temperature..
Coconut oil is good for you too! Coconut oil is antiviral, antibacterial and can also help to fight off yeast, fungus and candida. It can positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid,which increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut can help restore normal thyroid function. When the thyroid does not function optimally, it can contribute to higher levels of bad cholesterol. Coconut fats have special fats called medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). It has been shown that breaking down these types of healthy fats in the liver leads to efficient burning of energy. I could go on....it's good for the skin too...
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chocolate Nut Bars
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder unsweetend
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Allulose or other powdered sweetener
- ½ teaspoon Mint Extract
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place in a refrigerator.
- When hard, cut into pieces or break into chunks. (It will take about 30 mins to harden, depending upon the temperature of your fridge).
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply