Pumpkin cream cheese cookies are baked with coconut flour and are soft and delicious. The pumpkin spice lifts the flavour of these cream cheese cookies.
These pumpkin cream cheese cookies are soft and chewy. If you are looking for a cookie with a crunch, these are not it. They did not harden after being in the fridge overnight as much as I thought that they might. However, they are the best thing I have had in my mouth for quite a while.
As with all pumpkin recipes the kitchen smelt divine when they were baking. The smell of the pumpkin spices makes you want to bake all day. Or nip out and purchase a pumpkin spice candle.
I’ve baked 3 batches of these pumpkin cream cheese cookies so far and have been taunting the Chief Taster with photos of them. He is currently in our new home so is on temporary leave from his tasting duties. If only you could send a smell down a fibre cable! Each batch has been as delicious as the last.
If you baked them longer would they harden? I don’t think so as the pumpkin keeps them soft and moist. It would be interesting to try this pumpkin cream cheese cookie recipe with almond flour. I suspect they would be softer.
I found these pumpkin cream cheese cookies to be very filling. At only 1g net carb each I was tempted to gorge myself on a plateful but just could not manage more than a couple at time. Which is probably a good thing since I baked 3 batches. That would have been rather shameful to confess to!
Reach for that pumpkin spice mix, switch the oven on and get baking a batch of these delicious pumpkin cream cheese cookies.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- 3 oz Cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Butter, unsalted softened
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pumpkin Spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice).
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla extra and pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin spices and salt and beat until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Wet your hands and take a ball of the dough.
- Place on the baking tray and repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Gently press down on the dough balls, either with a spoon or your hands.
- Use a fork to make a pattern.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply