These soft ginger chocolate chip cookies are a delicious low carb cookie with sugar free candied ginger and chocolate chips. Made with almond flour they are gluten free too.
The texture of these cookies is very soft with a slight crunch to the edges. They will slightly harden once kept in the fridge but do not lose their soft texture. The flavour combination of the candied ginger and chocolate is divine!
How to make ginger chocolate chip cookies
Only one bowl is needed for these cookies and they are easy to make too. Within 30 minutes you can have a batch of delicious cookies.
Before you make these cookies you will need to make my easy sugar free candied ginger recipe.
What You Need
Only a few low carb store cupboard ingredients are all you need to make these low carb cookies. I found that the cookie dough was soft enough not to require an egg.
- Almond flour - I've not tried this recipe with coconut flour but would not recommend it as you would be left with a drier cookie.
- Butter - It must be at room temperature for easy mixing with no lumps.
- Monkfruit - Any low carb sweetener can be used. I prefer a monkfruit blend as it does not have an after taste to me.
- Vanilla extract & baking powder.
- Sugar Free Candied Ginger - Increase the amount in the recipe card below for a stronger ginger flavour.
- Chocolate Chips - Use sugar free or chocolate with a high cocoa solid.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
If you find the cookie dough too soft to handle, place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
There is no egg in this cookie dough, but if your dough is too stiff, add a medium egg to the mixture.
You can play with different flavours to this cookie recipe. Add a dash of sea salt to enhance the chocolate.
Replace the chocolate chips with nuts. Walnuts or hazelnuts would go well with the candied ginger.
More low carb cookies to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the monkfruit sweetener.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and vanilla extract and mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Chop the candied ginger into pieces (as large or small as you wish).
- Stir the candied ginger and chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop a large walnut shape of the cookie mixture and shape into a ball.
- Place the cookie balls on a parchment lined baking tray and gently press down to flatten the ball into a cookie shape.
- Repeat for all the mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.