Crisp, buttery and delicate, these easy keto butter cookies are made with just 6 ingredients. Baked with almond flour they are a delicious low carb and gluten free treat.
How to make keto butter cookies
This is a simple low carb cookie recipe that uses a few basic ingredients:
- Almond flour - It must be finely ground almond flour for the smooth texture of the cookies.
- Butter - This must be softened at room temperature
- Allulose - any other powdered low carb sweetener can be used. I prefer allulose as it does not have an "icy" aftertaste.
- Vanilla extract & salt.
It is as simple as mixing the ingredients in a bowl until you have a smooth and creamy dough. The dough will be soft and needs to be piped rather than rolled and cookies cut from it.
Chilling the cookies 10 minutes before baking helps give them their crispy texture.
Almond flour is essential for these cookies and cannot be substituted with coconut flour. Coconut flour in this recipe would result in dry cookies.
Once cool, dip the cookies in melted sugar free chocolate for an extra flavour.
Store the cookies in a tupperware container in the fridge. They will harden the next day but still have a soft centre.
More low carb cookie recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Butter Cookies
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and allulose until there are no lumps.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the almond flour, and salt and mix thoroughly. It will be fairly soft.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pipe cookie circles onto the tray. Or play with shapes!
- Chill the cookies in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes at 180C/350F degrees until the edges are golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool thoroughly before handling. They will be very delicate and need to harden.
YOUR OWN NOTES