These keto gingerbread men and reindeer cookies are a fun festive cookie. Made with almond flour and coconut flour they are full of warm spices.
Decorated with a sugar free icing, they are decorated into gingerbread men and also reindeers. The cookies are crisp and tasty.
How to make keto gingerbread men and reindeer
Traditional gingerbread men use molasses in the ingredients but we skip this because of the sugar content. However, you could add a tablespoon of molasses to the dough if you want.
For the spice mix we used ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
We used brown monkfruit sweetener for an extra flavour since we were not using any molasses in the cookie doughl.
Once made, the dough needs to be chilled for at least 30 minutes to firm up before rolling.
How to decorate keto gingerbread men and reindeer
Making the reindeer cookies is simple. Just turn the gingerbread men cookies upside down and decorate them into reindeers! My piping skills need more refinement but you get the general idea from the photographs!
For the icing we used a mix of powdered sweetener and cream. Food colouring was added for a small amount for the reindeer noses.
How to store keto gingerbread cookies
Keep these gingerbread cookies in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They will firm up the next day and keep for up to a week.
To freeze or keep to make ahead, wrap the unbaked gingerbread cookie dough in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The cookies firm up after a night in the refrigerator, making them a great make ahead cookie.
More low carb Christmas treats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Gingerbread Men & Reindeer
- ½ cup powdered monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the sweetener.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Mix until you have a soft cookie dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter cut out the cookie shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at180C/350F degrees until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
Make the icing
- In a small bowl mix the powdered sweetener and cream until smooth but fairly thick. Add more cream if the consistency is too thick.
- Spoon into a piping bag and decorate the men and reindeer.
YOUR OWN NOTES