Chewy almond butter cookies are a delicious combination of almond butter and ground flaxseed. A great healthy and filling low carb and gluten free cookie.
These low carb almond butter cookies make a great breakfast cookie or a snack on the go. They are high in fibre and also a great source of protein for us keto vegetarians! It's also a great way to incorporate flaxseed in your diet.
How to make almond butter cookies
These chewy low carb cookies are easy to make. Butter and a low carb sweetener are mixed together, then the other ingredients are added to make a soft, rich cookie dough.
Kept in the fridge overnight, these keto flourless cookies will start to harden. You can enjoy then soft on the day of baking, then tuck into a crunchy cookie the next day!
I decorated some of mine with a chocolate piping and also made a batch with sugar free chocolate chips. Both batches were devoured!
Can you make this keto vegan?
These almond butter cookies could be made keto vegan by replacing the egg with additional almond butter and use coconut oil in place of the butter. Just ensure that the cookie batter is not too thick.
Add a handful of sugar free chocolate chips to the cookies
Keep a careful eye on the baking time of the cookies as ovens can vary. Cookies with a nut butter can burn on the bottom if over cooked.
Cool thoroughly before handling as they are delicate when warm.
You could make this cookie recipe with other nut butters in place of the almond butter.
More low carb cookies to bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Almond Butter Flaxseed Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place the butter and erythritol in a bowl and mix together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the egg, almond butter and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the parchment paper and keep about an inch apart (the cookies will spread during cooking). I cooked these in two batches on one tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
YOUR OWN NOTES