Serve this colourful quick and easy asparagus frittata for brunch, breakfast or lunch. It makes the perfect Spring time weekend breakfast.
Cherry tomatoes are added to this frittata recipe for colour and additional flavour. It’s light, fresh and full of flavour.
What's the difference between a frittata and a crustless quiche?
They may look the same, but a frittata does differ from a crustless quiche. A quiche is cooked with cream whereas a frittata is a thick, solid omelette. A quiche is baked in the oven and a frittata is initially cooked on the stove top, then finished in the oven or until the grill.
How to make asparagus frittata
The asparagus is par-boiled briefly to partially cook before adding to the frittata but you could grill or stir fry it instead for additional flavour.
The vegetables are briefly cooked in a medium sized pan and beaten eggs with cheese are added. Gently cooked on the stove, the keto frittata is finished under the grill for the top to set and firm. Another way to cook a frittata is to bake it in the oven.
To make the keto frittata extra fluffy, add a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream. Parmesan cheese could be swapped with Cheddar or goats cheese.
Other vegetarian frittata recipes
Broccoli, Goats Cheese & Olive Frittata
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 6 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Vegetarian grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 5-8 minutes until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8 inch frying pan and add the spring onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and season to taste. Add the Parmesan cheese and blend well.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for about 5 – 8 minutes until the bottom of the frittata is firm and the top nearly set.
- Place under a grill and cook for 2 -3 minutes until the top is golden brown and set.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply