Enjoy all the flavors of a pizza in this cottage cheese pizza bowl recipe without the crust. Instead of using a traditional pizza dough base, this recipe replaces it with a filling and protein-rich mixture of cottage cheese, mozzarella and marinara sauce.
This is a quick recipe that has appeared on Tiktok and is ready in 15 minutes. you can use any vegetarian toppings you prefer. It makes a fast low carb meal or it can be served as a party dip with pizza flavors.
We also enjoy this as a cottage cheese pizza dip. Omit the toppings and reach for low carb chips or tortillas for dipping.
What is a pizza bowl?
A pizza bowl is a deconstructed version of a traditional pizza, presented in a bowl instead of on a flat crust. It offers all the delicious flavors and ingredients of a classic pizza but without the doughy base. Instead, the various pizza toppings and components are layered together in a bowl, creating a satisfying and often healthier alternative to a traditional pizza.
Carbs in cottage cheese
Generally, cottage cheese is relatively low in carbohydrates compared to many other dairy products. Low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese (per ½ cup serving) has about 3-6 grams of carbs and regular or full-fat cottage cheese (per ½ cup serving) has 4-7 grams of carbohydrates.
This is a simple recipe with just a 5 ingredients. You can add your own toppings if you wish.
Ensure that you use a vegetarian parmesan cheese as Parmesan cheese is made with animal rennet.
How to make cottage cheese pizza bowl
The cottage cheese is blended with the other ingredients for a smoother dip. If you don't mind your cottage cheese lumpy, you can omit this step.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
Pour the cottage cheese mixture into a bowl or dish.
Top with your favorite pizza toppings and cheese and bake.
Enjoy the taste of pizza in a bowl.
Keep any crustless pizza bowl leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they will last up to 3 days. Reheat the pizza bowl in a microwave or oven.
Creating a delicious vegetarian pizza bowl is all about combining your favorite ingredients to suit your taste. Here are some vegetarian topping suggestions to consider for your pizza bowl:
- Bell peppers (red, green, or yellow)
- Sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced green olives
- Sliced zucchini or yellow squash
- Artichoke hearts
- Spinach or arugula
- Roasted red peppers
- Roasted garlic cloves
- Sliced tofu or tempeh
- Plant-based sausage or pepperoni
- Sautéed spinach or kale
Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan, vegetarian, grated
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place all the ingredients (put ½ cup of Mozzarella cheese aside for the topping) in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- If you don't mind your cottage cheese lumpy mix all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the blended sauce into a large 8 inch baking dish or 4 large ramekins for individual portions. Top with mozzarella cheese and other toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each bowl, ensuring an even distribution of cheese.
- Place the bowls in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden brown.
- Add fresh basil and serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES