Enjoy a cheesy keto ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta in this quick and easy keto vegetarian recipe. Slices of cheese are cooked and filled for a great low carb and gluten free alternative to pasta.
Looking for a low carb ravioli recipe? This spinach ricotta keto ravioli recipe is a great option for a delicious dish that’s sure to please the whole family! In under 10 minutes you are serving a delicious dish!
This recipe is quick and easy to make and is very filling.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
WHAT IS RAVIOLI?
Ravioli is an Italian pasta dish that is made into meat, cheese or vegetable parcels from a pasta dough. Ravioli is not keto-friendly as it is made from wheat flour and high in carbohydrates. So, we make a low carb version using slices of provolone cheese in place of the pasta.
For this keto ravioli recipe we use a ricotta and spinach filling.
For other keto pasta recipes, I have another keto ravioli recipe that uses zucchini strips but this one is a quicker recipe to make if you are in a hurry and more simple.
All you need for this recipe is:
- Slices of cheese - I used provolone cheese circles but squares can be used too.
- Ricotta - If you don't have this to hand, replace it with cream cheese.
- Spinach - The measurements in the recipe card are for cooked spinach. I used defrosted.
- Parmesan cheese - Ensure that you use vegetarian Parmesan cheese as regular is made with animal rennet.
- Marinara sauce - This is purely to serve the ravioli with but you could use another sauce or grated cheese instead.
HOW TO MAKE KETO RAVIOLI
We fold baked cheese over the filling then bake again for a low-carb ravioli with a great taste.
Place Provolone cheese slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
Bake the slices until the edges are golden
Spoon the filling on top of the cheese slices
Fold the cheese circles over the filling and bake
We serve our spinach and ricotta ravioli with low carb Marinara sauce.
Mozzarella slices can be used instead of provolone cheese. Both are vegetarian (not all cheeses are vegetarian).
Try other fillings. A mixture of cheese, cooked mushrooms or a marinara filling are a few suggestions. Roasted pumpkin and sage for fall!
Instead of folding the cooked cheese slices over the filling, spoon the filling mixture in the centre of one cheese slice and place another cheese slice on top of it. Press down the edges for a large circular ravioli.
More low carb spinach recipes
Spinach Ricotta Keto Ravioli
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup spinach cooked
- 1 tablespoons parmesan vegetarian
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place the provolone cheese slices on a parchment line. Bake for 5 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach and parmesan. Season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove the cooked cheese slices from the oven and spoon a large tablespoon of the spinach mixture on one side of the cheese slice.
- Gently fold the cheese slice over the filling and press down the edges to seal.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce (or sauce of your choosing)
YOUR OWN NOTES