This spinach mushroom feta quiche makes a great low carb breakfast, lunch or dinner. Baked without a low carb crust, this is a savoury vegetarian delight.
Bake this crustless quiche in a large pie dish or make individual quiches in smaller cases. The smaller cases are great for a packed lunch with a side salad.
Is crustless quiche just a frittata?
Many low carb quiches are made without a crust. Does removing the crust make the quiche a frittata?
Although they look similar the difference between a quiche and a frittata is the dairy content. A quiche will typically have more cream than a frittata.
A quiche is baked in the oven and a frittata starts on a stove, then is finished off in an oven.
Ingredients in spinach mushroom feta quiche
- Spinach - I used defrosted spinach but freshly cooked spinach can be used.
- Mushrooms - Any variety of mushrooms will work.
- Garlic - Increase the cloves if you are a garlic lover
- Feta cheese - the creamy salty cheese makes a great savoury quiche.
- Cheddar cheese - use a good cheddar, not a rubbery tasteless one.
- Cream - heavy/whipping cream but this could be replaced with sour cream.
- Salt & Pepper
More keto vegetarian recipes
Swap the feta cheese for goats cheese.
Freezing this is easy but allow to completely defrost before reheating. It will freeze for up to 3 months.
Add chopped spring onions or red onions.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Spinach Mushroom Feta Quiche
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz spinach defrosted and moisture removed
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup cream heavy
- 4 oz Feta cheese crumbled or cut into chunks
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray OR 4 4 inch mini quiche cases
- Heat the butter in a large skillet and saute the mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and season with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream.
- Spoon the mushroom and spinach mixture into the pie dish/quiche cases.
- Add the cheddar and feta cheese over the mushroom mixture. Give it a gentle stir to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top of the quiche is firm and golden.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
YOUR OWN NOTES