A keto spinach feta mini quiche that is baked in a muffin tin. These low carb crust-less quiches are a simple breakfast or snack recipe.
I love the flavour combination of spinach and feta cheese and often have a tub of feta in the fridge. Add some nutmeg and lots of black pepper you have a delicious filling for omelettes too! I often used nutmeg with spinach as I find it enhances its flavour for me but that can be a personal taste. It you don’t like it omit it.
How to make mini spinach quiche
When baking mini quiches, I allow about 75% of one egg per muffin. This batch makes 9 muffins so I used 7 eggs. If you wanted a smaller batch adjust accordingly. Or just simply beat a few eggs and as you are pouring half way through the batch it should become clear whether you have enough egg mixture. Add another egg if need be.
When these mini spinach feta quiches are baking, they will briefly rise like a mini soufflé. I took them out of the oven, turned my back to grab my camera and as if by magic then had deflated to normal size. I felt rather like a burst balloon. However, the delicious taste of them cheered me up. I loved these cold too and snacked on a couple for breakfast the next day.
More low carb vegetarian appetizers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Spinach & Feta Mini Quiche
- 300 g Spinach
- 50 g Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- 7 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan on a medium heat and gently cook the spinach and spring onion until wilted and soft.
- Remove from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Beat the eggs with the cream.
- Grease a muffin tin thoroughly with butter.
- In a bowl, add the spinach mixture and the Feta cheese. Mix well, and season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of the filling in the greased muffin tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until firm.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply