These easy keto fried pickles are made in the air fryer for a healthier appetizer or snack. A spicy almond flour coating make this a great gluten free snack too.
Low carb baked pickles are a great option but this recipe uses an air fryer to make these coated dill pickle slices extra crispy. To keep these air fried pickle slices vegetarian the coating is simply almond flour with seasoning.
How to make keto fried pickles in an air fryer
To make this an easy air fryer recipe, make sure you have all your coating ingredients ready for the dipping. You might want to put the pickle slices on a sheet of kitchen towel first to soak up any excess pickle juice.
You could use any combination of spices or herbs to flavour the coating. For this recipe I used garlic powder and cayenne. A curry spice might be a great choice.
How long do you cook fried pickles in an air fryer
These low carb fried pickles take just 15 minutes in the air fryer, with them being turned over after 10 minutes. They are cooked at a temperature of 200C/400F degrees.
How many carbs in fried pickles
Breaded fried pickle slices are high in carbs because they are often coated in flour and breadcrumbs. One serving can be 20g carbs but now you can happily enjoy a low carb option with this keto air fryer recipe with a serving being only 3g net carbs.
Other low carb vegetarian appetizers
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Keto Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer
- 16 Dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- In a bow, mix the almond flour with the cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- In another small bowl, beat the egg.
- Take a pickle slice and dip it into the egg, then the flour mixture, ensuring the slice is coated. You might want to double dip in the egg and flour mixture again, depending upon the pickle slice size.
- Place the coated pickle slices in the air fryer.
- Lightly spray the slices with olive or coconut oil.
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 200C/400F degrees and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the pickle slices over and cook for a further 5 minutes for an even bake.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.