These bite sized cauliflower pizza bites are a quick and easy keto appetiser or snack. All of the taste of cauliflower pizza in mini bites!
Rather than make a cauliflower pizza crust I have used sliced cauliflower florets for the base of these pizza bites. These are topped with a low carb marinara sauce, mozzarella and olives. You could use any other toppings you prefer. Sliced jalapenos will be my next batch.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Bites
I initially made this by accident and now are an easy cauliflower recipe on my list. I was trying to make a cauliflower steak recipe with the large slices as a pizza base, but the cauliflower fell apart when cutting the cauliflower slices. Rather than making another dish, I used the smaller floret slices and loved them! When you are cutting a cauliflower to make steaks and it falls apart or the slices look more stalk than cauliflower, don’t despair! These cook quicker and are a tasty low carb morsel!
How they all made the photo shoot is still beyond me as I was hungry and made the mistake of trying one before I reached for the camera. I probably had one still in my mouth as I was snapping photos. Utterly delicious!
Make these vegan by using a vegan cheese or omitting the cheese.
Season the cauliflower bites with other herbs and spices.
Try other toppings such as sliced jalapeno or mushrooms.
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup keto marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 10 olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and then slices
- Place the cauliflower slices on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast 200C/400F degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 10.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the marinara sauce on the slices.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella.
- Top with the olive halves (or any topping of your choice).
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately