These bite sized cauliflower pizza bites are a quick and easy keto appetiser or snack. All of the taste of cauliflower pizza in mini bites!
Rather than make a cauliflower pizza crust I have used sliced cauliflower florets for the base of these pizza bites. These are topped with a low carb marinara sauce, mozzarella and olives. You could use any other toppings you prefer. Sliced jalapenos will be my next batch.
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Bites
I initially made this by accident and now are an easy cauliflower recipe on my list. I was trying to make a cauliflower steak recipe with the large slices as a pizza base, but the cauliflower fell apart when cutting the cauliflower slices. Rather than making another dish, I used the smaller floret slices and loved them! When you are cutting a cauliflower to make steaks and it falls apart or the slices look more stalk than cauliflower, don’t despair! These cook quicker and are a tasty low carb morsel!
How they all made the photo shoot is still beyond me as I was hungry and made the mistake of trying one before I reached for the camera. I probably had one still in my mouth as I was snapping photos. Utterly delicious!
Make these vegan by using a vegan cheese or omitting the cheese.
Season the cauliflower bites with other herbs and spices.
Try other toppings such as sliced jalapeno or mushrooms.
More low carb vegetarian appetizers
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- ½ head cauliflower
- ¼ cup keto marinara sauce
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 10 olives pitted and halved
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and then slices
- Place the cauliflower slices on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast 200C/400F degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 10.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the marinara sauce on the slices.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella.
- Top with the olive halves (or any topping of your choice).
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply