This variation of keto devilled eggs has a lemon and chive filling for a taste of spring and summer. Enjoy them for brunch, party food, picnic, game night or late night snack!
Keto devilled eggs are a great low carb appetizer or snack. It never amazes me that I am full after a 3 egg omelette, but put a tray of devilled eggs in front of me, I become a snacking machine!
Do eggs have carbs?
A common misconception is that eggs have zero carbs. A whole hardboiled egg has 0.6g net carbs which is still very low. If you hit the tray of devilled eggs hard, the carbs will add up if you are strict with counting carbs.
Can I Make Devilled Eggs the Night Before?
If you want to make devilled eggs in advance, keep the hardboiled egg whites separate from the egg yolk filling. Keep the filling in an airtight bag or container and place the egg whites on a tray covered with clingfilm/plastic wrap.
When you are ready to serve, give the filling an extra mash with the fork as it may be too cold to pipe. Pipe or spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg white and you are ready to serve!
For an extra flavour replace the mayonnaise with homemade salad cream. The "tang" of the dressing goes well with the lemon flavour.
More Keto Devilled Egg Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Devilled Eggs with Lemon & Chives
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise sugar free (home made preferable)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sumac optional
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half lengthways. Scoop out the egg yolk and place in a small bowl. Place the egg whites on a plate.
- Add the lemon juice, rind, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, salt and pepper to the egg yolks and mash until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Chill until ready to serve
- Sprinkle with sumac to serve (optional). You could serve with chopped chives too.
YOUR OWN NOTES