This keto ravioli recipe is made with zucchini and has a delicious mozzarella filling. Baked in a marinara sauce this is a hearty keto vegetarian dinner.
Zucchini makes a great low carb alternative to pasta and with this recipe, strips of zucchini are used to make a low carb ravioli. The filling for this low carb zucchini recipe is mozzarella, basil and tomato but you could play around with the filling with other cheeses.
How to make keto ravioli
Once you have peeled the zucchini strips they need to be sprinkled with salt to draw the water out. Otherwise you will be left with mushy zucchini parcels.
More low carb ravioli filling suggestions
The mozzarella filling is great and I prefer to use a fresh ball of mozzarella cheese but you could try other low carb fillings such as:
- Ricotta cheese & spinach
- Cottage Cheese
- Spinach & Mushrooms
- Goats Cheese & Mushrooms
- A trio of cheeses, mix a firm, soft and one with flavour.
There will be zucchini left over after you have made the strips for the zucchini ravioli. Grate it to make zucchini bread, cakes or zucchini fritters.
Low carb zucchini recipes
Baked Keto Zucchini Ravioli
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 oz mozzarella fresh preferable
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 3 sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
Prepare the zucchini
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise into strips.
- Sprinkle the zucchini strips with salt and let sit for 20-30 minutes. This is to remove the water content of the zucchini. Dab them with paper towels to remove the salt and water.
Make the filling
- Slice the mozzarella into 6 slices.
- Chop the basil leaves
- Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes
- Place two zucchini strips overlapping each other.
- Take another two zucchini strips and place them on the zucchini strips to make a cross.
- Place a mozzarella slice in the centre of the zucchini “cross”.
- Scatter basil and the sun dried tomatoes on the mozzarella slice.
- Fold each side to seal the cheese mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- Repeat making 6 parcels (or more depending upon the size of your zucchini)
- Spoon the marinara sauce into a baking dish
- Place the zucchini parcels on top of the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the zucchini parcels with the grated mozzarella.
- Bake 200C/400F for 20 minutes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.