A refreshing zucchini mint salad for summer full of flavour and colour. A delicious keto vegan salad that is simple to make too.
It's an easy salad and a way to eat up zucchini. If you like mint, you will like the taste of this too. I used a large zucchini and that served two people. For more, just double up the ingredients
How to make zucchini mint salad
All you need for this keto vegan salad is a large zucchini, fresh mint, fresh parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Summer flavours in one bowl!
I used my spiralizer to make curls of the zucchini, but you could grate this instead. If you were serving more than one person, serve them in small individual bowls for an added cuteness factor.
The salad is best serve fresh as the zucchini can become watery if left out too long.
Make sure you salt the zucchini well to get rid of the moisture as you do not want to be left with a bowl of water.
Tomatoes are optional, you could serve with another low carb vegetable or keep the zucchini salad plain with the herb dressing.
You could play around with other herbs with this too, perhaps coriander and extra lemon?
Other keto vegetarian salads
Zucchini Mint Salad
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the tomato into small cubes. Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Whisk the lemon juice and oil in a bowl.
- Use a spiralizer on the zucchini or grate it into large strips.
- Put the zucchini into a colander and sprinkle salt over it. Leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash the zucchini and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place the mint and parsley in a food processor and blitz.
- Mix the herbs with the dressing and add the zucchini. Toss well. Season to taste if required
- Place the zucchini in a serving bowl and spoon the chopped tomato on top.
- Serve immediately.