This low carb bean salad contains 3 types of beans in a tangy vinaigrette. This salad is not only keto-friendly but also gluten-free and vegan, making it a versatile and satisfying option for anyone looking for a healthy and filling salad.
For this keto vegan bean salad we have used black soy beans, lupini beans and green beans. These beans are packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making them a great addition to any keto meal.
This low-carb bean salad is packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats from the lupini beans and black soybeans, while the blanched green beans add a nice crunch and freshness. It's a perfect side dish for any meal or a light lunch on its own
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
LOW CARB BEANS
While many beans are high in carbohydrates, there are a few types that are lower in carbs and can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a low-carb diet. Here are some examples of low-carb beans:
- Black Soybeans: Black soybeans are a great low-carb option as they contain only 1 gram of net carbs per ½ cup serving. They are also high in protein and fiber, making them a filling and nutritious addition to your diet.
- Lupini Beans: Lupini beans are another low-carb bean option, containing only 2 grams of net carbs per ¼ cup serving. They are high in protein and fiber, as well as other nutrients like calcium and magnesium.
- Green Beans: While not technically a bean, green beans are a low-carb vegetable that can be a good alternative to higher carb beans. They contain only 4 grams of net carbs per 1 cup serving and are a good source of vitamins and minerals.
You can still enjoy a 3 bean salad on a keto diet with these ingredients.
- Black Soy beans - you can use canned for a quicker recipe
- Lupini beans - we use lupini beans from a jar for convienence
- Green beans - these need to be blanched before assembling the salad.
- Dressing - we use a simple salad dressing but this can be changed to your own taste.
HOW TO MAKE KETO 3 BEAN SALAD
If you are using dried black soy beans or lupini beans, you will need to soak them for 24 hours and then cook them until tender. To save time use canned beans.
Blanch the green beans
Mix the salad dressing
Add beans and chopped onion in a bowl, toss with the salad dressing
Chill, then serve.
Keep this bean salad in an sealed container in the fridge and it should last up to 4 days.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO BEAN SALAD
This makes a great side salad but you could turn it into a main salad with the addition of a boiled egg, cooked tofu or cheese. Serve our keto pita bread with it.
MORE KETO SALAD RECIPES
Salads are a great way to serve a variety of low carb vegetables with a protein source. A few more salad recipes you may enjoy are:
Low Carb Bean Salad
- 1 cup lupini beans from a jar
- 1 cup black soybeans canned
- 1 cup green beans trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon allulose or other low carb sweetener
- Set out a large bowl of ice water before blanching the beans. In a large saucepan or stock pot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Add the green beans and boil until tender-crisp, but still bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lupini beans, black soybeans, blanched green beans and chopped red onion,
- In a separate small bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the bean salad for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop together.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply