Easy keto chocolate mendiants are a great sweet treat and fun to make too. Chocolate circles topped with nuts and low carb berries make a low carb colourful and crunchy candy.
These keto chocolate candies are a quick and easy recipe that can be made as a gift as well as an after dinner chocolate. Enjoy one with a cup of afternoon coffee or just as a sweet low carb treat.
What is a Mendiant?
Chocolate mendiants are from France and traditionally are a Christmas treat. They are circles of chocolate decorated with nuts and dried fruit. There are usually four toppings to each mendiant.
Mendiants are easy to make low carb by simply using a low carb chocolate which will have a high cocoa solids of at least 75%. The higher the cocoa percentage, the lower the sugar content. Using low carb nuts and berries you have a pretty and delicious sweet treat.
How to make keto chocolate mendiants
Making mendiants is an easy recipe.
- Melt the chocolate
- Spoon the chocolate in circles on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and berries.
We made our keto chocolate mendiants with dark chocolate and sugar free white chocolate. The range of sugar free chocolate available is growing so the possibilities of different flavours gives you something to play with.
Mendiant topping suggestions
We keep to the traditional 4 toppings per mendiant. Choose a touch of colour, mix up the flavours and types of nuts. Topping suggestions are:
- Slice almonds
- Sugar Free Candied Ginger
- Dried strawberries
- Sea Salt
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Coffee beans
- Edible rose petals
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
As these keto candies are made with chocolate, they are best stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They should last up to 2 weeks.
These make a great homemade chocolate gift in a pretty box.
Chocolate chips will melt quicker.
More keto chocolate treats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Chocolate Mendiants
- 8 oz Dark chocolate with a high cocoa percentage
- 2 oz mixed nuts, berries and sugar free candied ginger
- Melt the chocolate by either placing the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or microwave for bursts of 30 seconds until melted.
- Spoon circles of the chocolate on a layer of parchment paper. Ours were about 2 inches wide.
- Before the chocolate sets, add the topping mixture.
- Allow the chocolate to set before removing from the parchment paper.
- Eat and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES