These keto flaxseed muffins with cinnamon and cranberries make great keto breakfast muffins. Not only are these flaxseed muffins low carb, they are also paleo and gluten free.
At only 3g net carbs per these tasty cranberry cinnamon flaxseed muffins make a great breakfast or sweet snack. With a protein content of 7g and fibre content of 6.6g per muffin they will keep you full too.
I find that flaxseed gives a great wholemeal taste and texture to low carb baked goods. Ground flaxseeds are a great low carb flour to bake with too and great for those of you who have nut allergies. The health benefits of flaxseed are amazing as they are packed full of nutrients, rich in omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and can help control blood sugar.
How to make keto flaxseed muffins
This easy flaxseed recipe has a few simple ingredients.
- Ground Flaxmeal – I prefer golden flaxmeal but you can happily use brown flaxmeal. The brown will give a more wholemeal flavour. The photos in this recipe used brown.
- Almond flour – The addition of almond flour gives the muffins an additional flavour and texture.
- Erythritol – I used erythritol for the low carb sweetner. Swerve or Monk fruit would work well too.
- Cinnamon – You can never have enough cinnamon. Don’t be shy with it as flaxseed can take the flavour.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter but if you wanted to make these muffins dairy free, coconut oil works well.
I used golden flaxseed for a lighter taste but darker will work just as well.
Try this quick keto breakfast with some grass fed butter or cream cheese spread on the top. Or split in half and slather!
More keto flaxseed recipes
Looking for more flaxseed recipes? Try these!
Keto Flaxseed Muffins
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup Flaxseed flour/ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Pour boiling water over the cranberries and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the berries aside.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix the two together.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add the cranberries and mix well.
- Put into well greased muffin tins or muffin liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply