This keto granola recipe has all the taste of Nutella in a healthy snack. It's an easy recipe to make and is a great low carb breakfast or snack.
Apart from the delicious taste, this chocolate hazelnut granola makes a great protein snack or breakfast at just under 10g protein per serving. No sugar, low carbs, all taste. What's not to love!
The best thing about this chocolate hazelnut granola for me is to enjoy it in a bowl with almond (or coconut) milk for breakfast. It makes the milk change to a chocolate colour and you are transported to a childhood breakfast!
What is keto granola?
Granola normally has oats in it, so to make it keto, the oats are omitted and extra seeds and nuts are used. Traditional granola can sneak sugar into it, even in the form of maple syrup. With this hazelnut granola recipe, a low carb brown sweetener is used instead.
How to make this keto vegan
Most low carb granola recipes can easily be made keto vegan With this recipe all you need to change to make it keto vegan is to omit the chocolate and replace it cocoa nibs. Voila!
Store the granola in the fridge and it will keep deliciously firm!
This is a recipe that can be adapted to your own tastes. Keep the cocoa, hazelnuts and almond butter as the base and go free with other nuts and seeds! Add a spice or too such as cinnamon!
More low carb granola recipes
Keto Hazelnut Granola
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (I used an 8-inch square brownie tin)
- In a medium bowl, add the chopped hazelnuts, cocoa powder, salt, pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut, chocolate chips, brown monk fruit sweetener and hemp seeds. Mix with a spatula.
- Add the almond butter and mix until combined. If the mixture is too stiff add ⅓ cup of water.
- Spoon into the baking tin and press down evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before cutting into pieces.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.