This blueberry granola is a bowl full of blueberries, pecans, almonds and coconut for a healthy breakfast or snack. It's keto, vegan, gluten free and paleo.
Granola is an easy recipe you can make with a handful of ingredients. It's great to have on hand for a snack or enjoy as a breakfast. We use this blueberry granola for a keto breakfast cereal by serving it with chilled almond milk.
Is granola keto?
Store bought granola is often full of sugar and grains making it a big no for a keto and low carb diet. Making your own granola is easy and ensures that you can enjoy a sugar free breakfast too.
How to make keto blueberry pecan granola
The great thing about a low carb granola is that you can add any nuts or seeds you have to hand. To bind the mixture I use almond butter and coconut oil. Melted butter and peanut butter works well too.
The fresh blueberries are added to the granola once it's cooled. If baked they can burst and be soggy. The plump freshness of the blueberries adds a great contrast in texture to the chewy, nutty granola.
- Almond butter - check the label for sugar or make your own.
- Coconut oil - this helps bind the nuts and seeds together with the almond butter.
- Desiccated coconut - a touch of natural sweetness with a chewy texture. Use unsweetened.
- Pecans - use whole or chopped.
- Almonds - we used almond slices to let the pecan pieces stand out. Chopped almonds can be used.
- The low carb sweetener - We used a brown monkfruit/allulose sweetener but any other low carb sweetener could be used.
- Blueberries - we use fresh but dried could be used. Just check the sugar content of any dried blueberries.
- Chia seeds - add crunch and are nutritionally rich.
- Cinnamon - can be swapped with pumpkin spice.
Can you freeze granola?
Granola can be frozen easily. Place this keto nut granola in a zip lock bag or container and freeze for up to 6 months.
The granola must be allowed to cool completely and harden into clumps. Once it has cooled we place it in the fridge for 30 minutes before breaking it into pieces.
If you want to bake the keto nut granola with the blueberries, dried can be used instead of fresh.
The blueberries can be omitted or replaced with other low carb berries such as raspberries, blackberries or strawberries.
More egg free keto breakfast recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Blueberry Pecan Granola
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown monkfruit or other low carb sweetener
- 1 cup almond slices
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and almond butter until combined and smooth.
- Add the low carb sweetener, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix to cover the ingredients with the almond butter mixture.
- Transfer the granola mixture on the lined tray and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool. It will harden once cold.
- Break into pieces and stir in the blueberries.
- Store the granola to an airtight container.
- Eat and enjoy!