Enjoy a bowl of this comforting and filling chocolate hazelnut keto oatmeal for breakfast. Made with hazelnut meal, flaxseed, hemp hearts and chia seeds it's a powerhouse of nutrition.
Creamy, thick and filling. The flavours of chocolate and hazelnut make a delicious keto breakfast. It tastes like you are enjoying a dessert for breakfast!
The mixture of seeds and nuts in this keto oatmeal makes this a great high protein breakfast for keto vegetarians and vegans. The high fiber content will keep you full too!
Hemp heart benefits
Hemp hearts are a must for any keto oatmeal as they help give a similar texture. As well as being a great ingredient to use for their texture, they are also a nutritional powerhouse. Rich in healthy fats, low in carbs and a great source of plant protein, with all of amino acids, they are perfect for a keto vegetarian and vegan diet.
How to make keto oatmeal
This simple and easy breakfast is made with just a few ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cocoa - Use unsweetened.
- Hazelnut meal - Either purchase it ready ground or grind raw hazelnuts in a coffee grinder.
- Hemp hearts - they help give this an "oatmeal" texture.
- Flaxseed meal - Either golden or dark.
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk - Coconut milk could be substituted.
More keto breakfast recipes to try
Chocolate Hazelnut Keto Oatmeal
- 1 cup almond/coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa unsweetened
- ¼ cup hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown monkfruit sweetener or other low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan on a medium heat and stir until the mixture is blended.
- Gently heat for 3-5 minutes.
- If the mixture is too stiff add a dash of almond milk.
- Serve immediately.
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.