This creamy keto coconut porridge is made in 5 minutes and is paleo and vegan too. Easy, quick and delicious this high protein and high fiber porridge will keep you going until lunchtime.
No low carb sweetener has been added to this as I found the desiccated coconut and coconut milk sweet enough for my own taste. I would advise you taste the porridge once cooked and adjust for your own preference.
A great keto vegan breakfast
With 12g protein and 12g fibre this coconut porridge is great breakfast for keto vegans and vegetarians. The hempseed hearts provide have all 10 essential amino acids, making it a perfect plant-based protein and effective natural metabolism booster.
The chia seeds provide calcium and omega 3 as well as fibre. The flaxseed is another high fibre food which is also high in most of the B vitamins, magnesium and manganese and rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
How to make keto coconut porridge
This easy low carb porridge is a nutritional powerhouse for a keto vegan and vegetarian diet. It's a simple as mixing all the ingredients in a saucepan much as you would a traditional porridge.
- Hempseed hearts
- Chia seeds
- Ground Flaxseed
- Desiccated Coconut (Unsweetened)
- Coconut milk - either from a carton or tin. Almond milk could be used.
- Walnuts. Other nuts could be substituted. I would recommend brazil nuts, almonds or macadamia nuts.
More low carb breakfast recipes to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Coconut Porridge
- 2 tablespoons hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed flour/ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut milk carton or tin
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Add all the dry ingredients to a small saucepan and mix.
- Add the coconut milk and place on a medium heat.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with toppings of your choice
YOUR OWN NOTES