Enjoy a bowl of crunchy cinnamon keto cereal for breakfast with this easy recipe. Just 4 ingredients are used to make this low carb and sugar free breakfast recipe.
At just 3g net carbs a bowl this almond butter cereal makes a great breakfast served with almond or coconut milk.
I found these crunch squares a great snack as I passed through the kitchen looking for something to nibble on. I kept my cereal in a sealed container for about a week and it never lost it's crunch.
How to make keto cereal
This is a quick and easy recipe that lasts well too.
What you need
- Almond butter - If you are using store bought, check the ingredients for any sneaky sugar.
- Golden Monkfruit - I preferred to use a golden low carb sweetener for extra flavour but regular low carb sweetener can be used.
- Egg - Large
- Cinnamon - I used a teaspoon but this can be increased for a stronger flavour.
It's as simple as mixing the ingredients, then rolling out flat. The flatter the mixture, the crunchier the cereal will be. I cut into squares but you could cut into other shapes or use a small cookie cutter.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder for a chocolate cereal (who doesn't enjoy the milk turning brown!). This might make the mixture drier, so another egg might be required.
When cooking the edges will brown first. When you turn the squares over half way though cooking, you might want to move the mixture about on the tray.
Try this with other nut butters!
If you want to make this vegan, omit the egg an and use a sugar free maple syrup or sweetener in place of the granular one. I've not tried this yet but it should work.
More low carb breakfast recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Cinnamon Cereal
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup brown monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture onto a large piece of parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll out into a rectangle shape
- Score the rolled out dough into squares and bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm. Turn the squares over after 10 minutes for even baking.
- Allow to cool, and break the squares off. Serve with nut or coconut milk.