These keto cream cheese pancakes are made with lupin flour and are only 0.9g net carbs each. A quick and easy breakfast recipe that gives you light pancakes for the weekend.
Firm yet slightly fluffy, these pancakes are great served with a low carb syrup or berries. They have a great flavour and can be enjoyed simply by themselves.
Why lupin flour?
I’ve made these keto pancakes with lupin flour as it’s a great low carb flour with a high protein content. Perfect for a keto vegetarian diet, the lupin flour is similar to peanut flour, with them both being made from legumes. If you have a peanut allergy, lupin should not be used.
I found that the lupin flour gave a great texture to the pancakes and held well. Cream cheese pancakes can be delicate to handle but these are almost like the real thing!
How to make cream cheese pancakes
You can make these pancakes two different ways. Whipping the eggs will help with a fluffy pancake and whisking the pancake mixture will give a great batter.
If you want a quicker pancake batter, place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. This saves on the washing up too!
Topping suggestions for cream cheese pancakes
- A sugar free maple syrup
- Raspberries or blueberries
- A chia berry jam
- Whipped coconut cream
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
The lupin flour can be substituted with almond flour. Keep the quantities the same.
Omit the vanilla extract and keep the pancakes savoury by adding herbs or spinach.
Add sugar free chocolate chips to the pancake batter when cooking.
More low carb vegetarian breakfast recipes
Blueberry Cream Cheese Waffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup lupin flour
- ¼ cup almond milk add more if batter too thick
- 2 tablespoons allulose or other low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Beat the cream cheese with the almond milk in a large bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs for about 10 minutes until they are pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the lupin flour, vanilla extract, allulose and baking powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat the butter in a medium frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear.
- Flip over when the edges are golden and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with topping of your choice.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Lady B says
Will this work with Almond Flour instead?
Angela Coleby says
Yes it will, with the same quantity.