These easy keto breakfast egg muffins are made with 3 different fillings for a tasty make ahead breakfast and a healthy breakfast on the go.
Delicious warm from the oven, these 3 flavour combinations for these egg muffins were also a hit once cold. The next day I was devouring the muffins in record speed.
For a keto vegetarian, these keto egg muffins are a great breakfast option as they are low in carbs and high in protein. Add cheese to the mixture to increase the protein and vegetables for fibre, colour and taste!
As well as being an easy keto vegetarian breakfast recipe, these egg muffins make great lunches with a side salad. Bake a batch and you can meal plan your breakfast and lunches for a couple of days.
How to make keto breakfast egg muffins
I used silicone muffin cases for easy removal from the muffin tin. And to prevent me having to scrap the egg muffins out of the tin and needing to soak it in the sink.
You can use any combination of cheese and vegetables for the egg muffins but I made these 3 flavour combinations baked in a 12-cup muffin tin making 4 muffins of each flavour.
3 flavour combinations
- Cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil.
- Spinach, Cheddar cheese
- Broccoli, goat’s cheese, olives
I have listed the individual net carbs for the different fillings in the bottom of the recipe card.
Other egg muffin fillings to try
The great thing about egg muffins is that you can add any fillings or use leftover vegetables. Here's a few suggestions:
- Feta Cheese
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Fresh herbs
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
The muffins will rise when you remove them from the oven, then deflate as they cool.
Store the breakfast muffins in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last for 3 days.
These muffins can be frozen. Ensure you thaw them thoroughly before reheating them.
More keto vegetarian breakfast ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup cream heavy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 basil leaves chopped
- ½ cup Spinach, fresh chopped
- ⅓ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup Broccoli florets chopped
- 1 oz Goats Cheese crumbled
- 4 Black Olives chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place silicon muffin cups in a muffin tray and give them a light spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, all the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Place the fillings into the muffin cases and pour the egg mixture over the fillings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the mixture is set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.