Try this low keto lime curd recipe as an alternative to lemon curd for a sweet sugar-free sauce. A smooth, thick and creamy dessert sauce with the sharp taste of lime.
What is lime curd?
This creamy curd is just the same as lemon curd but simply made with limes. It's a sweet thick sauce made with butter, eggs, lime juice and a low carb sweetener.
Lime curd can be used for low carb tart fillings, or drizzled over cakes. Swirl it into ice cream too. Or enjoy a couple of spoonfuls from the jar!
How to make keto lime curd
As with lemon curd, there are a few ways to make lime curd but I've kept it simple and easy.
I used regular local limes to make this but if you could buy key limes make a batch with them as I'm sure it would be delicious. If you find the taste of this curd too sharpen, simply add more sweetener.
The butter needs to be frozen for at least and hour. The other ingredients are blended, heated then the frozen butter is added. Stir until smooth and you have a creamy smooth sauce.
Other sauces to make
Keto Lime Curd
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 lime zest
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- Place the butter into the freezer for at least an hour
- Blend the other ingredients in a blender.
- Add the blended ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat. Keep stirring. Do not let the mixture boil.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, remove from the heat and add in the butter, stirring until it has completely blended.
- If you think the taste is too sharp, add some more erythritol or another tablespoon of butter.
- Pour into an airtight jar and allow to cool.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.