This keto mint brownie pie has a creamy peppermint cream cheese topping a rich low carb chocolate brownie for a delicious dessert. A great flavour combination of chocolate and mint to the family to enjoy.
If you are a chocolate and mint lover, this is the low carb dessert for you! It's a simple and easy dessert too. It can be made ahead and enjoyed the next day.
Bite into a slice and enjoy the tiny chocolate chips in the peppermint cream cheese layer for extra flavour and texture.
How to make a mint brownie pie
This easy low carb dessert is made in 2 parts. First you make the chocolate brownie base. For this I always bake with 100% cocoa and unsweetened chocolate chips to keep the carb content down.
Once the brownie mixture is made and chilling, the peppermint cream cheese layer is made. It's rather like a simply no bake cheesecake that uses cream cheese and whipped cream. Peppermint extract for the flavour with a dash of green food colouring. The food colouring can be omitted or increased for a brighter green colour. Sugar free chocolate chips are added to the cream cheese mixture for an extra treat!
Adjust the peppermint extract to your own taste. If you are unsure how strong you want the peppermint taste to be, add a ¼ teaspoon at a time, mix and taste.
For the green colouring you could use a more natural colouring such as Matcha powder or crush up peppermint leaves
Using peppermint extract
For the mint flavour I used a peppermint extract rather than a mint extract. I find that the mint extracts can have a more artificial taste like toothpaste. Ideally, you can use home made peppermint extract too.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
A chocolate ganache could cover the cream cheese layer for an ultimate mint brownie pie! Make sure the chocolate is sugar free!
The brownie base can be made with almond flour if you don't like coconut flour. Increase the almond flour to 1 ½ cups and reduce the eggs to 3. If the mixture is too thick before baking, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk.
This dessert will last for about 3 days if kept in the fridge and in a container. It can happily be frozen too.
More low carb desserts to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Chocolate Mint Pie
- 1 cup cream heavy/whipping
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup monkfruit or other low carb sweetener
- ½ teaspoon peppermint
- ¼ teaspoon green food colouring
- ¼ cup chocolate chips unsweetened
Make the Brownie Base
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie or microwave.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth
- Add the monkfruit sweetener and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the coconut flour and cocoa and whisk until the mixture is smooth and even in colour.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into a greased, parchment lined spring form cake tin (I use a 8 inch size)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly firm. Be careful not to overcook the brownie base.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Make the Peppermint Topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream until thick peaks are formed.
- In another medium beat the cream cheese until smooth (I use an electric whisk).
- Add in the monkfruit sweetener and whisk until combined.
- Add in the peppermint extract and green colouring and mix.
- Fold in the whipped cream until you have an even colour.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture over the brownie base and smooth evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour to firm (I left mine in the fridge overnight).
- Decorate with whipped cream (optional) or drizzle with chocolate.