A keto berry loaf cake made with blackberries and blueberries that is moist and light. Enjoy a slice for dessert today!
Although I made this berry loaf cake with coconut flour you could use almond flour instead. Although when you use almond flour you would need to increase the quantity and decrease the eggs. I prefer coconut flour currently as it’s cheaper for me here!
This is a moist and delicious berry loaf cake full of plump blackberries and blueberries. I used frozen but fresh would work just as a well.
Although I was tempted to add lemon juice to make this a berry and lemon cake, I wanted to try it first without. It worked well without but if I made a different version I’d just use blueberries with the lemon.
Berry Loaf Cake
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 5 Eggs Separated
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Butter unsalted, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Mixed Berries blueberries/blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin (9 x 5 1/2 x 3 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sweetener and butter together.
- Add in the coconut milk and vanilla and mix.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Stir in the berries.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until the cake is firm.